We’re introducing a new integration with Tenor, which will allow users to quickly search for and send GIFs in Google Chat on web.
Additionally, we’re introducing a new setting for Admins to control the use of this GIF integration within their organization.
See below for more information.
Why you’d use it
- Admins: Important note: Admins will see this setting beginning September 1, 2021, allowing one week to configure the setting before the end user experience begins rolling out. Visit the Help Center to learn more about turning GIFs on or off for your organization.
- End users: When enabled by your admin, you can find and insert GIFs by selecting the “GIF” icon in the Google Chat compose bar.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on September 1, 2021
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on September 15, 2021
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers
Source: Google Workspace Updates